What are Common Medical Treatment Options After an Accident?
Medical Treatment Seriously Impacts an Accident Victim’s Life
In personal injury cases, lawyers see a vast array of medical procedures and treatment their clients undergo depending on the type of injury suffered. Our clients work with their doctors to find the most effective and least invasive treatment necessary to the healing process. Although designed to help an injured person recover from their injuries, most medical treatment has a negative impact on a person’s life as it involves sometimes painful and uncomfortable procedures, is inconvenient, sometimes embarrassing, and almost always costly.
Over the 60+ years of their combined experience representing accident victims in personal injury cases, the attorneys of The Rudman Law Firm, APC, are accustomed to gaining a detailed understanding of the specific medical treatment their clients undergo. We use that understanding to be able to explain the serious impact medical treatment has on an accident victim’s life, and why they therefore deserve full and fair compensation not only for their injuries, but for having to undergo medical treatment. From our offices in Studio City and Los Angeles, we fight daily to obtain what our clients deserve.
Different Injuries Require Different Types of Medical Treatment
Personal injury victims suffer a wide variety of injury types, and therefore undergo many different types of medical treatment, depending on the injuries.
- Neck/Back andSpinal Injuries. Treatment often includes medication, chiropractic care, orthopedic evaluation by a spine specialist, neurological and/or neurosurgical evaluation, physical therapy including traction, hot and cold packs, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, TENS unit, therapeutic exercises, occupational therapy, pain management including epidural steroid injections, nerve and facet blocks, and surgeries including: spinal fusion, laminectomy, discectomy, and microdiscectomy.
- Knee Injuries.Medical treatment of knee injuries may include medication, orthopedic evaluation and physical therapy, knee immobilization, joint aspiration, arthroscopy or knee surgery, including meniscectomy, meniscus repair, meniscus transplant, plica surgery, lateral release, tendon repair, ACL reconstructive surgery, unicompartmental knee replacement, total or full knee replacement, and microfracture surgery.
- Shoulder injuries. Treatment may include medication, orthopedic evaluation by a joint specialist, physical therapy, or surgical intervention such as arthroscopic debridement, arthroscopic Bankart procedure (labral repair)/shoulder stabilization, rotator cuff repair and shoulder replacement.
- Bone fractures. Medical treatment may include medications, orthopedic evaluation, physical therapy, casting, splinting, immobilization, and open reduction internal fixation (ORIF) surgery.
- Brain Injuries.Medical treatment of brain injuries is complex and every patient’s needs are different. However, many brain injuries require initial intensive care including a ventilator, Foley catheter, nasogastric tube (NG tube), EKG monitoring, and pulse oximeter, brain surgery, acute rehabilitation, post-acute rehabilitation, subacute rehabilitation, day treatment, outpatient therapy, home health services, community re-entry services, independent living programs, medication, consultation with a physiatrist, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech/language therapy, rehabilitation nurse care, case managers/social workers, recreational therapists, and neuropsychological evaluation and treatment.
- Burn Injuries.Treatment of burn injuries may include wound care, frequent bandaging, debridement, skin grafting, plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Psychological and Emotional Distress.Any physical injury may give rise to emotional distress and an accompanying psychological disorder, which can be treated by medications as well as psychological counseling and therapy.
The Rudman Law Firm is Available for Free Consultations on Personal Injury Cases
Our legal team understands how serious injuries can be and the profound effect they can have on a person’s life. Our attorneys are intimately familiar with the many types of medical treatment used to treat the injuries of our clients, and we use our knowledge to illustrate the seriousness of our clients’ injuries to insurance companies in settlement negotiations, and to juries when a case goes to trial. We are available for free telephone consultations to answer your questions about pursuing a potential personal injury case. Call our offices in Los Angeles (213) 375-3777, Studio City (818) 769-6969, or toll free at (844) 478-3626 / (844) 4RUDMAN today.