Auto Accident and Products Liability Recovery
The Rudman Law Firm, APC concentrates solely on personal injury recovery. Our attorneys have spent more than 60 years of combined experience pursuing justice for injured victims in Los Angeles and Studio City and throughout our surrounding communities.
Our attorneys consult with experts in automobile manufacturing and roadway engineering to determine the cause of your rollover crash. Depending upon the facts of your case, we may seek to hold numerous parties responsible for the accident, including the government agency that oversees the stretch of road where you had your accident, the car manufacturer that designed a flawed vehicle or other drivers involved in the crash.
Rollover Risk Factors
Risk factors in rollover accidents include driver errors, road design flaws and vehicular defects. Our attorneys collect crucial evidence and present a strong case to prove these potential causes of your rollover accident:
- Vehicle design: Although any car can flip over under the right conditions, SUVs, pickup trucks, vans and buses have top-heavy designs and high centers of gravity that make these vehicles more prone to rollover crashes.
- Road design: Rural roads, undivided two-way roads and roads without barriers are the most likely scene of a fatal rollover accident. Such poor road elements as sharp turns and steep embankments also contribute to risks of rollover.
- Alcohol: Alcohol and drug use contribute to all types of accidents, including single-vehicle and multi-vehicle rollover crashes.
- Distracted driving: A distracted driver may overcorrect upon realizing she or he is veering off the road or into another traffic lane. This erratic movement can cause an automobile to roll.
Serious Injuries Result from Rollover Accidents
A rolling vehicle throws its occupants around and tests the structure of the automobile itself. Serious rollover crash injuries may be caused by:
- Roof crush: Roof crush occurs when the roof is not sturdy enough to withstand the impact as the vehicle rolls. The roof intrudes into the cabin space, causing spinal cord injuries, head traumatic brain injuries, broken bones and lacerations. A caved in roof usually indicates a design flaw in the vehicle.
- Ejection: Ejection from a rolling car is particularly serious because of the risk of getting caught underneath the vehicle. In fact, occupants ejected during a rollover accident had the highest rate of fatality. Seat belt use substantially reduces chances of ejection from a rolling automobile and sharply increases the chance of survival.
Get the Assistance You Need if You Have Been in a Rollover Accident
The Rudman Law Firm, APC conducts a full investigation of the rollover accident and delivers a strong argument for fault and damages. To schedule your free consultation with our experienced personal injury lawyers, call our Studio City office (818) 769-6969, our Los Angeles office (213) 375-3777 or our toll free at (844) 478-3626 / (844) 4RUDMAN. Under our law firm’s contingency fee plan, you do not owe us lawyers’ fees unless we recover compensation for you.